“Leaders build to reinvent while managers build to last”
MBC Chief Executive Officer Management Training Consultant
I am an accomplished management training consultant with an overall experience of 25 years and a proven track record in the development and implementation of organizational change programmes.
Areas of Expertise
• Strategic Planning
• Management Coaching
• Personal & Organizational Transformation
• Action Learning (action enquiry)
• Performance Improvement Management
• Change Management
• General Administration
• Organizational Learning
• Leadership Acumen
• Used CO3 Coaching techniques to improve executives performance levels
• Used team management techniques to reduced internal labour conflicts
• Used management coaching to Improve levels of organizational flexibility
• Used protocol actions to manage crises within firms
• Improved learning potential in the classroom through class-presentation
• Generated greater students pro-activity through empowerment
• Improved levels of management performance in client firms through ERP implementation
• Reduced operational costs of client firms through the use of PLM
• Improved sales performance of client firms through the use of CRM
• Developed an Operational Manual for the implementation of TQS in client firms
• Improved levels of management performance through SCM
Awards & Recognitions
• Awarded a distinction by Keele University Athletic Union for my services as Athletic Union Treasure 1982-1983
• Awarded a recognition for serving as an official translator at the Military Olympics celebrated in Rome
• Appreciated by the President of SELLING Srl for exhibiting an excellent performance which led to the commercial success of the International Bank Marketing Research Project 1985-87 (This project became the best selling product of SELLING Srl, being purchased by all major Italian commercial banks)
• Was invited by the Senior Director of the Philippines Labour Office in Spain to give talks on the topics of leadership & team management and to offer advice to Filipino entrepreneurs in Spain
• Awarded the First Price to the best Business Plan at the National College of Applied Sciences Business Plan Competition in Niswa College of Applied Sciences, Niswa, Oman, 25th. of March 2015
• Recognition as a Key note Speaker at the 3rd. International Conference on Global Business and Social Issues, Department of Business Administration Assam University & Youth Empowerment and Research Association, Silchar – India, January 10-11, 2020
• Addressed at Internal Quality Assurance Cell-CLIB, SRCC-University of Delhi-India on: Launching Start-ups, The success of New Mantras (15/01/2020)
• Addressed at the IPE (Institute of Public Enterprise) University of Delhi, India, on: Start-up to Scale-up: Managing Policy Interventions (16/01/2020)
• Participation at the WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM, DAVOS, Switzerland 22/01/2020, Confederation of India Industry, Swiss -Indian Chamber of Commerce.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER MBC MANAGEMENT BUSINESS CONSULTANTS SWITZERLAND
FHNW – School of Business University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
Dec 2019-Jan 2020
- Responsible for teaching the course: “Problem Solving and Decision Making” in the online Swiss-Asian Executive MBA programme.
Principal Research Officer
Principal Research Officer, Management Science Department Comsats-CIIT University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Responsible for the development of the Student Startup Business Centre at Comsats.
- Supervising student business plans and guiding their implementation.
- Designing the content and nature of courses to train students how to write business plans
- Teaching and tutoring students’ business plans’ contents and presentation.
- Develop entrepreneurship course contents and presentation techniques
- Training teachers to train students how to write a business plan and turn their ideas into a viable business
- Develop initiatives between the management science department and the business incubators at Comsats
- Do research and publish in the area of entrepreneurship
- Teach master courses in the areas of leadership and consumer behaviour
Assistant Professor in Business Administration
College of International Studies (Endicott College – Boston Mass. USA) in Madrid, Spain
SEP 2009 – 2012
- Taught the following courses: BA Courses: BUSINESS FUNDAMENTALS, GLOBAL MARKETING; MBA Course: MANAGING IN THE WORKPLACE
- Acted as an internal coach to facilitate engagements between American businesses in Spain and the C.I.S.
- Conducted research to develop competencies and evaluate learning capabilities of university students in business administration.
On-line Freelance Training Consultant
Management Business Consultants, Madrid, Spain
Jan 2004 – 2012
(MBC Management Business Consultant is my own firm which provides on-line professional training services for executives of SMEs in the areas such as leadership, strategic management, training of trainers and performance improvement)
- Identified, developed and implemented tailor-made management training courses to improve the leadership and management performance of SMEs executives of client companies
- Helped reduced the operational costs of clients through the implementation of ERP, SCM, PLM and CRM
- Served as a facilitator to client firms to enhance the development of protocols on team management, time management and crisis management
Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Sep 2001 – Sep 2002
- Taught STRATEGIC MARKETING at BA level in the Business Department
- Trained junior and senior managers in the areas of Strategic Marketing, Operational Research, Business Administration, PERT, CPM, ROI, TQM
- Gave technical seminars on International Trade and the Informal sector for the INSTITUTUE OF SOUTH AMERICAN STUDIES (This is an autonomous Research Institute linked to the University of Salamanca)
Assistant Professor in Business Administration
College of Applied Sciences – Rustaq - Oman
Sep 2012 – 2015
- Responsible for teaching undergraduate Business Administration students: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT, ENTREPRENEURSHIP, INTERNATIONAL MARKETING, BUSINESS COMMUNICATION, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT, INTRODUCTION TO MARKETING
- Supervising business research projects for last year students.
Member of the Committee of the C.A.S. Student Creativity Competion 2013-14
- Supervised the business projects of Students from Rustaq College who participated in the 2012-13 nationwide Business Project Competition of the C.A.S.
- College Local Coordinator for Entrepreneurship 2012-13
- College Local Coordinator for Marketing 2013-14
- Handling various other responsibilities including conducting tutorials and managing various general administrative activities
Assistant Professor in Business Administration
Universidad Miguel de Cervantes, Valladolid, Spain
Sep 2007 – 2009
- Taught undergraduate Business Administration courses on: BUSINESS INSURANCE and STRATEGIC ANALYSIS OF SPANISH TOURIST MARKETS
- Conducted research on methods how to develop competencies and evaluate the learning capabilities of university students in business administration; the results of this research were presented in different conferences in Spain (VIII Congreso Internacional , UEMC, Valladolid, Sept. 2008; Congreso Interncional , URJC, Madrid, Oct. 2008; II Congreso Internacional “Innovamos Juntos”, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, May 2009)and the US (CCIESI , IIIS, Orlando, Florida, Jul. 2009)
- Handled various other responsibilities such as conducting tutorials and supervising students research projects besides managing various general administrative activities
- Conducted teacher-training seminars for junior lecturers in the department
Ramkhamhaeng University (I.I.S.), Bangkok, Thailand
Sep 2002 – Oct 2003
- Trained junior managers in the following areas:
- Performance improvement management
- ERP, SCM, PLM and CRM methodologies
- Management coaching with special emphasis on time management, crisis management, conflict management, assertiveness, public speaking and team management
Universidad Alonso X, Madrid, Spain
Sep 2002 – Oct 2003
- Coached undergraduate students pursing Business Administration
- Supervised academic and student research activities within the Department
- Conducted tutorials and managed various general administration and coordination activities
“…for you are a leader, and to lead you shall return…”
Our Team of Specialists
Mario is a PhD, MBA and BA (Honours) degree educated in the universities of Keele, Exeter and Aberystwyth, he is a highly experienced Management Training Consultant having worked on many consultancy projects for Local Government, Private Sector Organizations and EU Institutions in Spain, Italy, Thailand, Oman, Pakistan and Switzerland. He has an in-depth knowledge of Leadership, Management Coaching, Action-Learning, Performance Management and Succession Planning in Family Enterprises obtained in both public and private sector organizations. Through the design and delivery of learning and development projects for universities, business schools and in-house training, he has been able to deliver significant performance improvement and generate organizational cultural change in a variety of sectors internationally. He is a self-motivated and very flexible individual with proven ability to work at all levels in an international context. He is particularly able to improve the cooperation between units within an organization boosting the cross-selling of products and services and transforming the corporate culture of client firms and organisations. As an experienced management coach, he is used to anticipate the impacts of all decisions ensuring deliverable results not only match but exceed the expectations of the client. His training experience on international projects allows him to effectively influence and engage senior managers and corporate clients in the development and implementation of organizational change programs
Specialties: L&D Consulting, Training of Trainers, Tourist Business Development Consulting, Executive Coaching, Strategic Marketing, Leadership,entrepreneurship, Change Management, Organisational Development, Business Plan Development and Implementation, Franchise Development, Operational Marketing, Project Management.
Designation with e-commerce perspective: Management Consultant & Business (Innovation & Knowledge Management).
His Top 5 Clients are
1. Cisco Corporation: Programs On Business Acumen & NICE (Negotiating & Influencing for Communication Excellence)
2. DELL Corporation: Programs On Customer Delight (Customer Service, CRM, Customer Experience Management, Customer Centricity & Customer Advocacy)
3. Mahindra Finance: Leadership Coaching & Mentoring with Programs on SPICE (Strategy & Planning for Innovation & Creativity Excellence)
4. JK Tyres: Programs On STEP (Strategic Thinking for Enterprise Performance) Forward For Business Management
5. Godrej: Programs On SPACE (Solving Problems & Analytical Competency Excellence) With DESIGN Thinking.
Dr Haywantee Ramkisson is an Australian/Mauritius International Consultant with extended professional and academic experience. She holds a PhD (Applied Environmental Psychology), PhD (Tourism Marketing), MSc, BA. She has an Outstanding sustained publication record (over 130) in SSCI journals. She has been a Visiting Professor in Universities in Australia, USA, Asia and, Europe, producing innovative, ground-breaking research in Tourism Studies. She has led major national and international projects and secured international and national grants to the value of nearly AUD$ 1 million. She has worked as Guest Professor for the Central South University of Forestry and Technology, Changsha, China. Her professional and academic track record is backed by Scopus H-index – 20 / Google Scholar H-index – 27, i-10 index – 41
Dr. Jagbir Singh Kadyan has a post graduate in Commerce, Management & Economics from the University of Pune, Bharti Vidyapeeth Pune & Tilak Maharashtra University Pune respectively. He has a Ph.D in the field of CSR – Corporate Social Responsibility from the Department of Commerce, Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana. He is a qualified “Certified Auditor” for the co-operative department, Govt of Maharashtra and has an extensive experience in the field of accountancy & auditing of various business organisations in India & abroad. His domain areas are Commerce, Management & Economics and the research interest includes Business Accounting, Finance and Taxation; Marketing; OB & HRM; Corporate Governance & CSR-Corporate Social Responsibility.
Mr Javid Zafar has served in a number of diverse assignments as a civil servant from Pakistan before retiring as Federal Secretary, Ministry of Environment. Some of the other assignments in his distinguished career included (1) Deputy Secretary, Economic Affairs Division, (2) Commercial Counsellor & Alternate Permanent Representative of Pakistan to UN Economic & Social Commission for Asia Pacific, Bangkok (3)Joint Secretary/Financial Advisor, Ministries of Food & Agriculture, and Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (4)Additional Secretary, Ministry of Finance and finally (5) Federal Secretary, Ministry of Environment. After retirement, Mr Zafar also served as Advisor/instructor, Deptt of Management Sciences, COMSATS University, Islamabad.
She has more than 10 years work experience. She is presently working as Asst. Professor in Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, J&K. India. She has also worked in Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Her areas of interest and specialization include Business Research Methods, Industrial Psychology, and Marketing Research. Dr. Jyoti Sharma has more than 40 research papers published in various journals, such as, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Indian Journal of Social Work, Management and Labour Studies, Vision, Decision, IIMB Management Review, Journal of Organizational Analysis, The Indian Economic Journal, Management and Labour Studies. Her research work has been published by Science Direct, Springer, Emerald, Elsevier among others. She has completed two major projects under the research grant scheme of AICTE and ICSSR, New Delhi. Three scholars have been awarded their Ph.D. under her guidance. She has not only delivered more than 30 expert talks on various areas of research methods, conducted and organized many FDS/workshop/training courses.
Nasir Riaz is a senior academician, management professional, executive trainer and business consultant. He holds MBA and MS degrees in the field of Marketing. He has over 25 years of teaching, training and consultancy experience both in international and local markets. He has extensive hands on experience working in managerial capacity related marketing and commercial operations of diversified portfolio of companies. As a consultant he works closely with the key decision makers and advises them on strategic issues. As an academician he has taught business courses at college and university level. His extensive corporate experience has provided him platform to function effectively as a consultant, business academic teacher and corporate trainer. He specializes in the area of Management and Marketing. His main research area is Corporate Social Responsibility in which he has published extensively and contributed in international conferences internationally.
Dr PARKASH VIR KHATRI is an Indian international consultant and academic. He has a B.Com. from the University of Delhi, an M.Com. from Delhi School of Economics University of Delhi, a LL.B. from the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi and a PhD from the Faculty of Commerce and Business, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi and a MBA from Madurai Kamaraj University, His total international consulting, Teaching and Administrative Experience extends over 35 Years. At present, he works as Principal in Swami Shraddhanand College, Alipur. He has worked as Professor and Director DCAS, GGSIP University Delhi, Professor of Eminence and Director RCIM, under All India Council for Technical (AICTE) Education (AICTE) New Delhi, he has been Visiting Professor at the Indian Law Institute, Deemed University, New Delhi and Coordinator and Professor at the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). He has also acted as Secretary Staff Council, Convener and Member of various committees of SSN college and Member of the Governing Body of the College as a Teacher Representative on the Governing Body. Dr Khatri consultancy work has taken him to start a Career Counseling and Placement Cell at SSN College.
Dr Mishra has studied, researched and taught at the University of Rajasthan, London Business School, SDA Bocconi, University of Bradford, International Center for Promotion of Enterprises. He has guided doctoral research and taught at the MBA programmes in several universities in India and abroad. His areas of interest include Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility, Enterprise Management, and Public Policy.
Robert D. Manning, PhD is an internationally acclaimed scholar, Advisor to Members of US Senate and House of Representatives of US Congress, Wall Street consultant, expert witness in Federal criminal and civil suits, consultant to state Attorney Generals, expert consultant in class action lawsuits, keynote speaker, and corporate leadership and professional training advisor for government and private executives. His most well known book is CREDIT CARD NATION: America’s Dangerous Addiction to Credit which was the basis of the internationally released documentary, IN DEBT WE TRUST: America Before the Bubble Bursts. An experienced entrepreneur and FinTech developer, Dr Manning is a graduate of the premier Program in Comparative International Development from The Johns Hopkins University, USA. He has taught in US, Mexico, Cuba, UK, France, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates. Dr Manning is a specialist in Economic Development, Financial Engineering, Macro-Economic Policy, Personal Finance, International Business, Management Consulting, Strategic Planning, Survey Research, Business Research Methods, and Entrepreneurship. He also consults on US Policy changes in the aftermath of the inauguration of the election of President Joseph Biden. For more information, see www.WashingtonDCinsider.com.
Schale Sadaf was born in Pakistan. She has had an extensive career spanning over two decades, working in the capacity of Language Consultant & Coach on different levels in both Pakistan and China. She has a Bachelors and Masters of Arts in English Language & Literature, a Postgraduate Diploma (ELT) Masters Degree in English Language Teaching and a PGD in Development Support Communication. She has taught as Senior English Language Instructor at BETS (British Education & Training Systems), VTI (Vocational Training Institute), UMT and Garrison University and Allama Iqbal Open University, Lahore. After acting as a School Principal at The Educators School System, she started an active career as a pedagogue helping CEOs, directors and foreign teachers in China hone their Business Executive English, Management, Communication, Negotiation and Presentation skills.
Besides being an ELT instructor, foreign language course designer and lecturer, she started her own trading company “ Beijing Sada Tong Business & Trade Ltd” in Beijing co-founding a language training systems ‘Just Talk’. This vast knowledge and international experience has given her the capacity to take initiative and charge, not only when it comes to academia but business-oriented domains as well.
Supran Kumar Sharma, Associate Professor, School of Business, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir in India has vast experience in teaching for more than 17 years at Post-graduate level and completed his Master’s and Ph.D. from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India. He has credited more than 45 research papers in various journals of repute. His areas of interest include efficiency and productivity measurement, entrepreneurship management and management science and completed six research projects under the sponsorship of SERC, AICTE and ICSSR, UGC, etc. Dr. Sharma is regularly conducting training sessions in MDPs/EDPs/workshops and he is also a constant learner in the field of statistical/econometric modelling with softwares.
Prof. Udai Lal Paliwal has 20 years lecturing experience in India, Ethiopia, Namibia and Rwanda. He secured first position (Gold Medal) for both B. Com (Hons) and M. Com. Examinations of Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur. Prof. Paliwal has worked as Vice Chancellor at University of Kigali, Rwanda and Associate Professor & Dean, Deputy Dean and HOD at Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences, University of Namibia, where he was awarded the “Overall Best Faculty Award” of the University of Namibia. He has organized and chaired several International Conferences. He has launched ‘Namibia National Accounting Talent Search Examination’ acting as its founding coordinator. He has travelled to more than 20 countries to present papers in conferences attending numerous academic and professional meetings and workshops.
Dr. Wasim Zafar has served in Civil Services of Pakistan and with United Nation Specialized Agencies Globally before retiring as Additional Director General and is currently the founder senior consultant of Universal Post Group in Asia Pacific, Africa and Middle East. He has visited more than 120 countries in all continents of the world and possesses a rich academic, professional, international experience and exposure.
He holds a PhD in Tourism and Humanitarian Logistics, Masters in Information Technology Management, Masters in Business Administration, Master in E. Business and Bachelors in Nautical Sciences. He is also Microsoft Certified System Engineer, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and holds a certification in Tera Data from NCR and E. Commerce from NCR. He is a Professional Amateur Pilot License holder (PAPL) from Canada and an Amateur HAM Radio Operator.
Dr. Wasim initially served for nine years in Merchant Navy as Navigational Officer on board merchant ships before joining the Civil Services. He also served as Director of Studies/ Course Director at Asian Pacific Postal Union and College, Bangkok Thailand. Worked as Consultant for United Nations, World Bank, Universal Postal Union an Asian Pacific Postal Union and carried out training and consultancy missions in Afghanistan, Vietnam, Mongolia, Hong Kong China, and more.
MBC REGIONAL HEAD REPRESENTATIVES :
Dr. Mario B. Curatolo
Western Europe, USA, Canada and Latin America
South East Asia, Middle East, Africa
Dr. Wasim Safar
Central Asia, China, Asia Pacific